The BMW X5 xDrive SportX Plus is manufactured locally at BMW’s Chennai plant and is sold in India as completely knocked down (CKD) unit.
The BMW X5 xDrive SportX Plus variant has been launched in India in both petrol and diesel iterations- xDrive 40i and xDrive 30d. Like other variants in the line-up, even the X5 SportX will be sold in India as a locally assembled or completely knocked down (CKD) unit. It will be assembled at BMW‘s plant in Chennai and has been priced at ₹ 77.90 lakh for the XDrive 40i petrol variant while the xDrive 30d diesel trim is priced at ₹ 79.50 lakh. Here’s everything you need to know.
- The new X5 looks similar and get elements like the front LED headlights and LED fog lamps, 3D wrap-around LED taillights and roof rails in satin-finish aluminum among others.
- The cabin too is similar in terms of layout. You also get leather wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters, electrical seat adjustment with memory function and wing mirror.
- Also on offer is a panoramic glass roof, welcome light carpet, ambient lighting with six dimmable designs, four-zone automatic climate control and electrically adjustable roller sunblinds among others.
- Other creature comforts include BMW and display key, head-up display, wireless Apple CarPlay / Android Auto, live cockpit professional that is supported by the latest BMW Operating System 7.0.
- It also features 3D Navigation with a high-resolution 12.3-inch instrument cluster behind the steering wheel.
- The 12.3-inch touchscreen system that takes centre stage supports app based connected car tech and there is also the 205W HiFi sound system.
- The 3.0-litre, six-cylinder diesel engine in the BMW X5 xDrive 30d puts out 263 bhp and 620 Nm of peak torque at 1,500 – 2,500 rpm. The SUV does the 0-100 kmph sprint in 6.5 seconds.
- The 3.0-litre, six-cylinder petrol engine of the BMW X5 xDrive40i belts out 337 bhp and maximum torque of 450 Nm at 1,500 – 5,200 rpm. The petrol SUV is even quicker to triple-digit speeds at 5.5 seconds.
- You also get an intelligent all-wheel-drive (AWD) system, electronically controlled ‘Automatic Differential Brakes/Locks’ (ADB-X), extended ‘Dynamic Traction Control’ (DTC), Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control.
- It also gets adaptive suspension with individual electronically controlled dampers that offer more precision and improves the drive and handling dynamics.