The Skoda Kodiaq was launched in India after a hiatus of two years at a starting price of Rs. 34.99 lakh.
The 2022 Skoda Kodiaq facelift has been launched in India in three variants – Style, Sportline and L&K with prices starting at ₹ 34.99 lakh. The model has been a runaway success for the company as it received bookings for the next four months in just within 24 hours of the price announcement. The Skoda Kodiaq was launched in India after a hiatus of two years and comes with updated looks, revised interiors and more features. Here’s all you need to know about the new Skoda Kodiaq.
Also Read: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Sold Out In India
- The 7-seater SUV is offered as a Completely Knocked Down (CKD) unit and is locally assembled at the Skoda Auto Volkswagen India’s manufacturing facility in Aurangabad.
- In terms of looks, the SUV remains identical to the facelifted version that made its global debut in April 2021.
- Up front, it gets a signature-style butterfly grille, Crystalline LED headlights with LED DRLs and new fog lamps.
- It also sports new 18-inch dual-tone alloy wheels, silver roof rails, new roof-mounted spoiler, new sharp-looking wraparound LED taillights, a new bumper and SKODA lettering on the tailgate among others.
- The cabin of the Kodiaq facelift has been updated as well. It gets a new two-spoke flat-bottom steering wheel, an 8.0-inch infotainment system inbuilt Navigation and Wireless Smartlink, a 10.25-inch virtual cockpit.
- The features list also includes panoramic sunroof, three-zone climatronic air conditioning, 12-speaker Canton Sound system with sub-woofer, electrically adjustable front seats, and more.
- The Laurin & Klement variants also gets stone beige leather upholstery with more chrome on the inside and outside.
- As for safety features, the SUV gets nine-airbags, antilock braking system (ABS) with electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD), electronic stability control (ESC), mechanical brake assist (MBA) with hydraulic brake assist (HBA), anti-slip regulation (ASR) and electronic differential lock (EDL) among others.
- The facelifted Skoda Kodiaq comes powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder TSI petrol engine, which also does duty on the Superb and Octavia sedans along with a range of Volkswagen Group models.
- The motor is tuned to belt out 187 bhp and 320 Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic unit.